Blue Scraps for a Crazy Quilt Topper
|Blue and Crazy table topper
|Fancy Stitches on my machine
|There are card symbols: diamonds, hearts,
clubs and spades
|More interesting stitches
|Harder to see but still impressive stitches
|Newly added: Blue and Crazy is now in the kitchen
keeping the counter somewhat clean 😊
- I just love sewing pieces of fabric together. Improv piecing with scraps makes my happy 😊
- I didn't worry about bright or dark - anything blue was added, with one scrappy fabric that included a few subtle colours for contrast.
- I was reading the stitch diagram wrong on my machine. After a few tries I figured it out!
- There are some really fun stitches that I will have to use again. It's not FMQ but it's still cool!😎
- I sewed on the binding using the lessons that I had learned in December (see link below). They worked out really well.
- I tried to use a fancy stitch to sew down the binding but it was too thick, even with the walking foot. Next time I'll try a simpler stitch.
- Tips on binding a quilt in the post: An Agenda Cover and Update on Free Motion Mavericks, January 05, 2023