Hi! It turns out that resistance was futile 😁 I've been watching the Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR) for a few years now and I finally have a little bit of time to play along. I didn't post my centre block the first week because I wasn't sure if I would actually get further than choosing a centre block....but I did!
A cheerful centre block
I have no idea when I made this block but I love it. As soon as I found it, I knew what it would be my centre block for the SAHRR. It's all machine appliquéd. I'm happy to say that whenever I did this, I did a good job!😊
Round One - Spool Block
I've never done a spool block. Like Roseanne said, if you can make half-square triangles (HST) then you've got it. I didn't want my border to be too wide and I really didn't want to make too many blocks, so I cut one inch strips from the extra background fabric of my centre block and had just enough for four spool blocks plus enough to make each block three inches to match the width of my borders.
There is no doubt that these little spool blocks are not very accurate but in the middle of a quilt, it won't show too much. I was happy to find some of the same green fabric that's in my leaf. I know that I don't have many scraps left of the fabrics in the centre block but I hope to find a few more to add to the quilt.
|Round One - adding the spool block|
What I learned
- I'm happy with the way that I figured out how to make the spool block. I just wish that they had been a little more accurate but by the fourth one, I didn't care! What can I say, making several blocks is just not my idea of fun.
- Since there are five more rounds, I should be able to make a lovely baby quilt.
- I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone is making. I know that I will keep the blocks to a minimum but it will be a lot of fun!
- SAHRR Centre Block with Quilting Gail
- SAHRR Round 1 - Spool Block with Roseanne and Sue at Home Sewn by Us
- SAHRR 2022 Quilt Parade
- SAHRR 2021 Quilt Parade
I'll be linking up to many fun linking parties, including the SAHRR Round One link-up with Roseanne and Sue at Home Sewn by Us. Peacock Party, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?, Finished (or not) Friday, Off The Wall Friday, Put your foot down, Patchwork & Quilts,
This is definitely a DrEAMi!, even if it isn't finished yet :-)