Welcome to week 396 of Free Motion Mavericks. Sorry for the delay. I guess I'm more ready for the weekend than I thought! 😁
Playing with Oranges and Lemons!
|Oranges and Lemons runner 🍊🍋|
|Orange scraps with oranges and lemons border|
ready to FMQ
|The centre blocks are FMQ using the undulation design in all-over style|
|Hand-stitching the binding|
|Running stitch line of Perle cotton through the border|
|Finished Oranges and Lemons runner with sunflowers|
What I learned
- I had several small squares of orange fabric scraps that I was able to use for the 4 patch.
- I was worried that the centre blocks would be too much but since they're surrounded by the outside border, it frames them well and the overall effect isn't "too much"!
- I was going to embroider the border with more than the running stitch, but since I ended up making it quite narrow, I decided for just a thin line of running stitch. I didn't stitch through all of the layers since I would have needed a thimble and didn't have one with me.
- I loved FMQ those lemon, orange, lemon and lime slices!😊
- Quilted & Bound: Quilting Ideas to Finish Your Quilt Tops Fast and Easy! with Leah Day
- Happy hexie flower mug rugs, July 25, 2022
- Posts related to Table Scraps Challenge
I'll be linking up to the August 2022 Table Scraps Challenge as well as other fun linking parties. Why not check some of these out, after you've linked up below! Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Put your foot down - this week with True Blue Quilts, Off The Wall Friday TGIFF, Finished or Not Finished Friday, Peacock Party, DrEAMi!, Design Wall Monday,
Free Motion Mavericks
Welcome! Last time Nancy of Grace and Peace Quilting shared with us her "Bring the Love" mini quilts. If you didn't get a chance to look at these, you may want to check them out
now after you link up!
|"Bring the Love" mini quilts by Nancy of Grace and Peace Quilting|
It's now your turn to link up!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter