It's done! About a year late, but it's done....well at least the quilt top is done 😊
I'm just posting a quick update for the One Monthly Goal (OMG) Finish link-up.
I'm really thrilled with the quilt. It is a little longer and wider than expected because when I sewed the diamonds together, I managed to sew two of them in the wrong place. Finally I only had to un-stitch one diamond and add two more to get it to a finished top.
|Close-up of the quilt top|
|Looking pretty 😊|
|A final picture - say cheese!|
|Hexies with flower|
- I knew that I wouldn't finish the quilt within the time frame of the Stitch-Along, but it was fun to see everyone making their quilts.
- I was very intimidated by putting the diamonds together. It was easier than I thought but working at an angle instead of straight up or across did confuse me more than once. I'm sure that's why I made a mistake sewing them together.
- I'd like to make another quilt with diamonds again. They looks so wonderful and it would be great to be comfortable working with them.
- I love free motion quilting but I really, really dislike getting the quilt ready, so until I get the energy to make the quilt sandwich (on this and a couple more quilts), it's going to remain a quilt top.
- However, I've got all of these ideas about how to FMQ it, so it may happen soonish!
|Last two hexies|
- Kingfisher Stitch Along
- Here are the major posts related to the Kingfisher Stitch Along
I'll be linking up to One Monthly Goal August Finish as well as several other linky parties. Let's join the fun! Wondering Camera, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?, Finished or Not Finished Friday, UFO Busting, Favorite Finish Monthly linkup, Oh Scrap!, Monday Making, Moving It Forward, What I Made Monday, Midweek Maker, Tuesday Colour Linky Party, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?, Peacock Party,