#2019 Planning Party
I've been thinking a lot about what I want for 2019 and it's a lot like my planning for 2018. My goal is to keep learning and creating, and to minimize the stress. Easier said than done, but last year was better than 2017 and with any luck, other than January, I will be able to keep this in mind.
After posting my Best of 2018, I'm finding some common themes:
- Slow stitching with EPP, embroidery and beading;
- Practice my Free Motion Quilting;
- Create art quilts!
As well, I want to:
|Neutral Quilt WIP|
|Postcard from Sweden, ready to FMQ|
OMG for December
I am so happy to report that my OMG for December (and November) was to finish Charlotte's t-shirt and dress quilt....and it's done!
You may remember some of these FMQ posts! They were very popular, especially the dolphins and bubbles.
|Dolphins and bubbles|
|Foxes in the forest|
The quilt is now finished. There are 6 t-shirts and 2 dresses (the pink fabric and the purple polka dots). The purple dress had pretty tulle that I incorporated onto the block. If it ever gets used up, it can easily be removed.
|Charlotte's Quilt made with her t-shirts and dresses|
|Bunnies on Charlotte's label, because she loves them!|
- The backing of the quilt was a sheet from Charlotte's crib. There must be a lot of polyester in it because I found it impossible to get the tension right for the FMQ. I tried everything and finally just ended up using lighter thread in the top so that the top thread wouldn't be so obvious in the back.
- As I was quilting it, I thought that the back was simply horrible. After I finished the quilt, I realised that I could barely see the top thread in the back. The Quilting Police would see it, but it's really not that obvious. I was very happy and relieved.
- When you FMQ it's easy to get carried away about your mistakes, but in the grand scheme of thing, it usually isn't that obvious.
- Thank goodness for the OMG because this quilt might not have gotten done. So thank you so much Patty of Elm Street Quilts!
- Posts related to Charlotte's Quilt
- EPP or English Paper Piecing Fun, December 1, 2018
- November Madness, November 4, 2018
- October updates, October 22, 2018
- September endings, September 30, 2018
- Best of 2018, December 28, 2018
- 2018 Planning Party, December 24, 2017
I will be linking this post to Jet Girl's #2019 Planning Party as well as to the December OMG Finish link-up. Monday Making, Moving Forward, What I Made Monday, Linky Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Finished or Not Friday, Main Crush Monday, Oh Scrap!, Free Motion Mavericks,
34" x 44"
Material: t-shirts, dresses, baby crib sheet and blanket, and Kona solids
Technique: piecing and free motion quilting