|Traveller's Blanket so far|
Mixing up projects and techniques
- Meditation stitching - after reading an article by Liz Kettle in the October/November 2019 edition of the Quilting Arts magazine, I started making 4" squares. It was very calming and creative, but what to do with all of those little squares?
- Hand-dyed fabric - I've been hand-dyeing fabric for a while now. I use scraps in my meditation stitching and used a large piece as the base for my Traveller's Blanket.
- Hexies - you may know that I have an on/off obsession with hexies, the English paper pieced ones (EPP). During #100hexies100days2021, I embroidered on some larger hexies. I'll be including them in this project
- Sashiko stitching - I have even included a square of Sashiko stitching😊
- Embroidery - you may have figured out that I love embroidery...but get quickly bored of doing the same thing for too long. This is another great project for trying out new things and stitching some old favourites.
|Meditation block made with hand-dyed fabric|