Version 2.0 quilt
It seems counter intuitive to take a picture of a warm bed quilt on a snow bank but we use what we have! Here it is.
|Version 2.0 quilt done ✔|
Here's a more traditional photo on the bed that it was made for.
|Version 2.0 on the bed|
Here is another photo - my daughter has learned how to crop out backgrounds. You don't need to see my messy bedroom! You can even see some of the FMQ here 😊
|Version 2.0 with the background cropped|
We tried the traditional photo of the quilt over the banister. It's a little too wide!
|Top half of the quilt over the banister|
|Queen size quilt over the banister|
|Photo of Version 2.0 on the fence, in the snow 😊|
What I learned
- I created a page for Version 2.0 with images of all of the stages of the making and FMQ with links to the original posts. I spent so much time on it that it deserves it's own page.
- It feels so weird to not have this project as a constant to-do in my life. It was a lot of fun to FMQ, until near the end. Then it was all about finishing it.
- Since the quilt had so many areas, it was great to be quilting it in stages with different designs. That's a lot more fun than all over quilting, although a lot of work figuring out what to quilt next.
- This was my January One Monthly Goal (OMG), so I'm thrilled to finally have it done for one of those deadlines!
- Here are a few of the latest posts about Version 2.0
- Finishing up Version 2.0 on Free Motion Mavericks, January 12, 2023
- Feathered Borders on Free Motion Mavericks, December 29, 2022
- Version 2.0 - almost done! December 22, 2022
- Adding details and planning for Version 2.0, December 15, 2022
- I created the new page for Version 2.0 quilt. It's at the top of the navigation bar, or you can access it here.
Free Motion Mavericks
|Garden of the Honeybees|
|A black background on a flower panel - how stunning!|
|A project that languished until a problem was resolved.|
Check it out!
|"Quilt More Worry Less" quilt by Quilting Gail|
|I Found A Quilted Heart - made by Melva|