It seems to be happening again....I've decided to join a challenge with Frédérique of Quilting Patchwork Appliqué for the month of April. At least this one isn't about making a quilted item, but rather to blog or use Instagram to post pictures about them. If I get organized this should be manageable. I hope those are not my famous last words! 😊
#AtoZchallengeQuilt - Art style
I'm looking forward to it - all kinds of words about or related to art quilts. My plan is to use Instagram every day for my daily post and link up to Frédérique's daily linking party through Instagram, and then write up a weekly post on Sunday (since we aren't linking up for the challenge on Sundays).
How many art quilt words could you come up with based on just these two pieces? You can click on the images to get a better look.
|Momigami Tree from a workshop with Cas Holmes
|A White History of Art
|#AtoZchallenge2021Quilt with Frédérique
I really hope that you will join this fun party. As well, you may want to follow Frédérique as she also participates in the regular #AtoZchallenge2021 with an upcycling, recycling and repurposing approach. See links below.
I was really interested in joining Frédérique on the original #AtoZchallenge2021 and decided that if I could come up with at least one word related to art quilts for every letter, that I would join it. Yesterday I still had a few empty spots on my list but then my daughter helped me with the missing ones. So, I've decided to join the #AtoZchallenge2021Quilt 😊
What I learned
- I'm proud of myself for not just jumping into a challenge without having thought about it thoroughly.
- I'll be spending some time this weekend getting my Instagram posts ready so that it won't take me long to do this every day. My only concern is when to post these - I guess that it will have to be as soon as I get up (ouch!) so it will really have to be a no-brainer 😊
- As I was getting a couple of pictures to use as examples, I discovered that I forgot to write a post on my Momigami Tree. I guess I'll have to write that up soon!
- I'm sure that I will have learned many things during this challenge and I am looking forward to it.
- #AtoZchallenge2021Quilt Announcement with Frédérique of Quilting Patchwork Appliqué
- #AtoZchallenge2021 - with an upcycling, recycling and repurposing approach with Frédérique of Quilting Patchwork Appliqué
- A White History of Art, November 6, 2018
- Quilting and Learning: What a Combo! on Instagram
I'll be linking up to many fun linky parties - we need to spread the word about this great upcoming challenge. I hope that you'll join in the fun! Free Motion Mavericks (with Muv this week), Patchwork & Quilts, Off The Wall Friday, Finished or Not Finished Friday, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?, 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2021, Slow Sunday Stitching, Oh Scrap!, Peacock Party, Design Wall Monday, Monday Making, Midweek Makers,