|Celebrate – Fêtons 150|
The link-up has been a success!! There were eleven link-ups – and only one of them was my own :-) This month I also had my own celebration – 5 years of blogging and 150 posts! Thank you to everyone who participated in the link-ups, left comments and best wishes for my own anniversary. What an amazing online community.
I had two goals for March, which I accomplished. My One Month Goad (OMG) was to finish the beaver block created by Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts. Here it is:
|Canada 150 - Beaver block designed by Sew Fresh Quilts|
|Canadian Beaver's Close-up Shot!|
My second March goal was to make more slab blocks for Canada's Big Quilt Bee. I now have 6 completed blocks. I’m halfway to making a small quilt top.
I’m trying to keep my goals to a minimum but I do have a few deadlines, so here are my April goals:
- Make more slab blocks, and if I’m really productive, finish a small quilt top for Canada's Big Quilt Bee;
- Quilt and embellish the England souvenir from the World Quilting Travel Adventure;
- Work on and hopefully complete my Art with Fabric project. I'll be posting on the first day - May 15th! No pressure :-)
- As I mentioned in my last post, I really enjoyed making the Beaver block. It was easier than I expected, in no small part due to Lorna’s technique and instructions. I’m not sure that I’ll ever commit to a full quilt, but I definitely want to make more blocks. They make great wall hangings.
- I am so happy that the link-ups have been a success. I’ve reached out to many Canadian quilting bloggers (and some non-Canadians too!) who have been very supportive.
- I’ve research and found many quilting patterns and projects that celebrate Canada’s 150th. Can you believe that I had forgotten to check Pinterest? I found lots of interesting projects that I will share with you on my Celebrate – Fêtons 150 in April post.
- Celebrate – Fêtons 150 in March (March 1, 2017)
- Quilt Fabrication
- Five Years - 150 Posts (March 6, 2017)
- OMG March Goal Setting Link-up
- Beaver block pattern from Sew Fresh Quilts
- Canada's Big Quilt Bee and Sew Fresh Quilt Bee
- England souvenir from the World Quilting Travel Adventure
- Schedule for the 2017 Art with Fabric blog hop
16" x 26"
Canadian Beaver quilt block pattern by Sew Fresh Quilts
Techniques: piecing, free motion quilting
Great news -this little guy was featured on Main Crush Monday. Thanks Beth!
Linking Parties: I'll be linking this post to the OMG March Finish Link Up, as well as many more. Please check them out! Can I get a Whoop Whoop?, Free Motion Mavericks, Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Off the Wall Friday, Finished or Not Friday, Let's Bee Social, Moving it Forward, Main Crush Monday.