When she was here last Thanksgiving, she mentioned that she loved the colour combination of bright green and pink. I had promptly picked up some Kona fat quarters but never did get around to making anything. So finally, a year later, here it is. 😊
Here is Sherry's pattern. Isn't it lovely?
|Hodge Podge Diamond in the Rough mini quilt|
- I meant to use a very light pink for the middle triangle of the diamond but forgot about it. I think that it's fine. Sherry's mini is really cute and uses printed commercial fabric that looks really nice. In a quilt with 9 diamonds, it's really effective.
- I wasn't too sure how to quilt it but Sherry had used some echo lines that were very effective. I couldn't do quite the same thing since I only made one block, so my quilting is much simpler.
- I do like the two smaller diamonds that I added at the bottom (which turn out to be symbolic at this time in her life)
- I'm not thrilled with my choice of variegated thread, at least for the echoing on the green. It does look better in person.
- Hodge Podge Diamond in the Rough - made by Sherry of Powered by Quilting
I will be linking this post to several linking parties. Why not check out these parties to see what's happening? Monday Making, Main Crush Monday, Design Wall Monday, Moving It Forward, What I Made Monday, Linky Tuesday, Tuesday Colour Linky Party, Let's Bee Social, Silly Mama Quilts' WIPs, Friday Foto Fun, Finished or Not Friday, Finish It Up Friday, Needle & Thread Thursday,
Great News! Dione of Clever Chameleon Quilting has featured this Diamond Mini. Thanks Dione!
Technique: foundation paper piecing, free motion quilting
Materials: Kona cottons and King Tut variegated thread by Superior Threads.