Last week was the end of the #AtoZchallenge2021Quilt (Art). It was a great finish, even if I was less organised as the month went on. I want to thank Frédérique of Quilting Patchwork Appliqué for a wonderful challenge. I really learned a lot and am so happy to have participated. Here's a look at the last week's post.
V is for Village
This project, Amalfi Coast Happy Village was one of my first art quilts, although I didn't realise it at the time. It was made during a workshop with the owner of a local quilt shop and based on Karen Eckmeier's book, Happy Villages. The image is loosely based on a postcard that I bought in the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
|Amalfi Coast Happy Village - my first art quilt|
|Putting Amalfi Coast Happy Village together|
|Happy Villages by|
W is for Weaving
|Ciboulette Stitches on a woven background|
|Lovely ciboulette flowers|
|The real thing in the garden|
X is Xerothermic
|South-West Art Quilt|
|Couching was the solution that I |
was looking for!
Y is for Yellow
|“Keep Calm and Stitch” - for the Project Quilting 2021|
|Details: buttons, couching|
|More slow stitching to remain calm|
|Beading and various|
Z is for Zigzag
|Sashiko stitching zigzag crosses|
Although it required a lot of preparation, this was a great challenge.
- I think what I underestimated the most was the time to prepare the posts since I didn't want to just put in what I had said on Instagram.
- It was a great experience to see most of the art quilts that I have done over the years. Many of them have been created since belonging to the TextileArtist.org's Stitch Club, for which I am very thankful.
- I know that I've learned so much as an artist about colour, composition and techniques, but I'm pretty impressed with some of my earlier works. Most are pretty good!
- Now that this rush is over, I'm looking forward to reading some of the other participants' posts 😊
- Amalfi Coast Happy Village, May 26, 2014
- Ciboulette Stitches finished, July 20, 2020
- Slow stitching with new projects, July 12, 2020
- South-West art quilt
- April Challenge Completed, April 25, 2015
- Project Quilting 2021 - Grey and Yellow, January 10, 2021
- Sashiko samples