Ciboulette Stitches coming along
Two weeks ago it was Sue Stone's turn to host our stitching assignment. We cut up some strips and made a woven background for our piece. You may have seen the beginning of Ciboulette Stitches (see Related links below). I'm now ready to stitch another two ciboulette flowers (French for chives). I'm not sure what's slowing me down - probably last week's project! 😊
|Ciboulette Stitches is coming along|
|Close-up of Ciboulette Stitches|
Best of Times, Worst of Times Concertina Book
Last week our featured textile artist was Mandy Pattullo. She showed us how to make a concertina book. Her book was mostly pieces of fabric that meant something to her and played well together. I was in a more literal mood so mine is more of a story book.
|Pages 1 and 2 - The beginning |
My first spread, pages 1 and 2, is almost finished. I'll be adding stitches in the background once I've finished stitching the fabrics.
|Pages 3 and 4 - Wishing|
|Pages 5 and 6 - Learning|
|Pages 7 and 8 - Moving forward|
Stitch Challenge Re-do
I also worked a little on my Community Stitch Challenge - Week 2 Re-do (no new name yet).
|Adding new bit of fabric and stitches to the Week 2 Re-Do|
What's on this week
- I really want to finish these two Stitch Club projects. The Ciboulette Stitches only has a few hours left of stitching. The concertina book will take a while longer.
- I really enjoyed doing some FMQ this week for Free Motion Mavericks. I may try to take some time to play with my sewing machine.
What I've learned
- I'm still spending a lot of time getting the studio organised. I've moved the sewing machine and desk around since I'm spending more time at the desk, so it's now in front of the window.
- I have about half of my fabrics placed in the studio - it looks like it will all fit.😊
- As I stitch the concertina book, I find that I'm missing not having a second layer to stitch through.
- Hand stitching is called slow stitching for a reason - the concertina book may end up being a longer term project since it's demanding a lot of stitching.
I'll be linking up to many fun parties. Let's see what's happening out there! Slow Sunday Stitching, Oh Scrap!, Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, What I Made Monday, Colour & Inspiration Tuesday, To-Do Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Put Your Foot Down, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?, Needle & Thread Thursday, Off The Wall Friday, Finished or Not Finished Friday, Friday Foto Fun, Peacock Party,