|Two fabric flowers|
I knew that there would be 2 fabric flowers that I had made, although I wasn't sure of their placement. I also wanted to add more embellishment, but didn't want to go overboard (something I can easily do!)
I went in my jewelry box and found a lovely chunky red flower - it's perfect!
|Details of Escape 2: English Garden Art Quilt|
|Second in the Escape Series: Escape 2: English Garden|
I added the rose quartz with clear beads between them along the triangles. It's like a flower bed bordered by stones. I also added some seed beads within the draped fabric. These only show up if light reflects off them, adding a little twinkle to the garden - maybe the dew?
What I learned:
- I've really enjoyed making this second art quilt in the series. It's fun to be following a process for more than one quilt. I've started writing down the process and hope to share it as a tutorial eventually. I'm going to test it out with Escape 3: À Paris.
- It's great to be able to use pieces of jewelry in my art quilts, especially since I love jewelry but never wear it!
- This piece really needed a lot of percolating time. I attempted to work on it a few times, mostly because I thought that I should. This weekend, I just knew that I was ready to finish it!
- For details on Escape 1: Warmer Climates and Escape 2: English Garden: Working in a Series (February 3, 2017)
- How to: Make a Fast and easy Fabric Flower with Melanie Ham on YouTube
|Escape 2: English Garden|
Escape 2: English Garden
20" x 16"
Materials: Linen, cotton, scarf (probably cotton), fabric from polyester top, embroidery floss, beads and rose quartz.
Techniques: Improvisational piecing, Free Motion Quilting, hand embroidery, beading, fabric flowers.
Linky Parties: Check out what others are making at these link-ups. MOP Monday, Oh Scrap!, Main Crush Monday, Monday Making, Moving it Forward Monday, Linky Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Let's Bee Social, Needle and Thread Thursday, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Off the Wall Friday, Finished or Not Friday,
Celebrate-Fêtons 150 to show off your Canada and Canada 150 themed posts. The link-up and prizes will be happening every month of 2017!