Saturday, December 31, 2022

Best of 2022

After looking back in my blog and Instagram posts of 2022, I realise that I had another very productive year! 

Overview of 2022

Although there is some overlapping, my projects seem to fall into five categories: 

  • Free Motion Quilting (FMQ) Version 2.0 quilt, 
  • Small quilty projects, 
  • Artsy projects and quilts, 
  • Meditation stitching, and 
  • Hand-made books.

FMQ Version 2.0 quilt

About half of my Free Motion Mavericks posts were about the Version 2.0 quilt. It's been a very large part of my FMQ year and I'm happy to say that it's almost done! My favourite area is the centre Sun with clouds, stars and a rainbow.

The Sun section, as seen from the back of Version 2.0


Small Quilty Projects

I made many small quilty projects, most of which were FMQ. Some of these were made as part of the Table Scraps Challenge (10 months) and Project Quilting (2 projects). Of course I continued to play with my hexies and added in a few Squirrels!😊

Prayer flags for the Holiday Season

Swirling Leaves 2 


Pink Love for April's Table Scraps Challenge


Still playing with hexies!

I love the foundation paper pieced book blocks and will one day make a whole quilt with them. At this time, it's a UFO (Un-Finished Object).

Blocks for the Summer Book Club 

Artsy Projects and Quilts

A number of my art pieces were created based on workshops in the TextileArtist.org Stitch Club. I also participated in 3 art shows and events this year.

Let them flourish

Please let me Play!

Wildflower vest

This art quilt was created for the Polar Bear Plunge Blog Hop. 

A true polar bear story

Bonjour La Vie was created following a virtual Fantastic Fusion workshop with Lisa Walton from Australia. 

"Bonjour La Vie"


Journey of Many Paths
aka Traveller's Blanket


Embroidered Seascape

Meditation Stitching

This year, as well as doing a lot of mindful stitching, I taught 2 in-person courses and 1 virtual presentation. For the courses, I made a lot of sample blocks, including ways of presenting them. I also participated in several stitching events such as Zen Stitching and the Embroidery Summit. 

4-drop hanging with meditation blocks

I posted most of the images from these virtual events on Instagram. Here is a needle case made during one of the Zen Stitching events.


Zen stitched needle case

Hand-made books

Last year I made a few journals though the TextileArtist.org Stitch Club. When the Hand-made Book Club offered a very affordable 5-Day Accordion Books Challenge, I signed up right away...and of course I was hooked! 

Fabric meditation book 

Hand-made book with a woven binding

Quilty recycled pocket journal


Thank you so much Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs for hosting this great link up event. It's great to review what we've done as we plan for the next year.

To keep it simple, I've included the links to the related posts within the text. 

What I learned
  • We have until January 2nd to link up to this party, but one of my blogging objectives (that I didn't share) was to increase the numbers of posts in 2022 to the same number as my 2019 and 2020. By publishing this post in 2022, I've reached my objective. I will have published 68 posts in 2022! Yeah!!!🎆
  • However, writing 4 posts in a little over one week is something that I don't really want to do again. Now I really want to get to my quilting 😊  
  • Thank you so much for following me on my quilting/art journey. I really appreciate your friendships and support.
  • My wish for 2022 had been for calm, joy and play. I think that calm and joy are great long-term objectives but this year I'm keeping it more real and focused. My intention for 2023 is to learn by playing, with mindfulness and contentment
  • I wish you all the best for 2023.
Linking parties



4 comments:

  1. I think you already are the playful quilter queen, Andree!!! You do so many different, fun quilt things!!! Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Nancy. I guess I just want the playing to be more mindful (less stress) and with contentment (focusing on the process and not the end product). I'm pretty good at the last one except when I've had enough, like Version 2.0 lol Now it's just about getting her done! Happy New Year.

      Delete
  2. Some great finishes there and a productive year. I love the Let Them Flourish piece very much. All the best for 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty. That was a little quilt that became a big deal. It is one of my favourites. I hadn't planned for that one :-)

      Delete

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)