Hi, I would like to take a few minutes from
preparing digesting Christmas supper to wish you a Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël and a happy holiday season!🎄I am so grateful to have all of you in my life.😊
Last minute Christmas quilting
|Two scrappy rug mugs|
|Some minor FMQ|
|FMQ following the fabrics' patterns, including Stars!|
|Blue Christmas fabric for the backs|
|Two scrappy Christmas mug rugs|
|Some free motion quilting - with ivy leaves|
|More free motion quilted ivy leaves|
|The back of the mug rugs|
|Winter storm as seen from inside 😊|
I've been wanting to make Prayer Flags for a while now. I thought that finishing them with FMQ would give me some much needed practice. I was finally able to put them up today since the heavy winds have subsided. I'm sending prayers to the Universe for Peace, Joy, and a Merry Christmas through my prayer flags.
|Flags on the snow since it was too windy to put in the trees yesterday|
|Peace - Inner peace, Serenity and Paix|
|Wishing for a Merry Christmas (Joyeuses Fêtes)|
|This one is for JOY (joie)|
I'm finishing up with my favourite holiday character - the Grinch!
|A Grinch tapestry made a very long time ago!|
What I've learned
- Although I'm retired, my life has not slowed down. It seems that living in minor chaos and stress has become a habit that I need to break!
- I want to make more time to visit my friends now that I'm not working full time, but this is also something that needs to be worked at!
- This year I promised to try to not be a Grinch about Christmas. I must say that I didn't enjoy the rushing around to get ready (as usual), but I've had a lot of fun in the last two days.
- As you know, I've spent a lot of time FMQ the Version 2.0 quilt. There is a possible finish before year end!
- If I want to finish Version 2.0, I'll be working on it and FMQ full time after Boxing Day. Wish me luck!
- Surviving the Holidays (aka 10 strategies for surviving the holidays), December 20, 2021