Out of the Box Showcase at the Shenkman Centre
|Out of the Box Fibre Artists sign|
|A lovely mix of fibre art|
|The middle section of the large area|
|The last third of the larger area.|
|The small case as seen from the side|
|Another view of the smaller case|
|Out of the Box Fibre Artists sign on display|
- It takes a bit of organisation to get a display set up. These days, organisation is not at all my strength. As I mentioned, I'm sure that it will get easier as I do more of these. Since the Shenkman Arts Centre is in Orleans, near to where I live, it makes sense that I be involved in that display. We also display at various libraries, but mostly in the west end of Ottawa.
- The volunteers usually have a lunch before we set up the display. Since those organisational skills were dormant, we'll be having the lunch after we finish bringing down the display. It will be nice to celebrate our achievement.
- If you're in the area, the display is up until November 6, 2022.
- I would like to thank everyone for their best wishes on my recovery of having Covid. I was very lucky - it was just like a bad cold, but with the isolation, it sure feels more serious. My hubby had to cancel my surprise birthday/retirement party that was to be held tonight. We had a quiet evening of take-out and TV instead with a few visitors who stayed outside to talk. At least it was unseasonably warm today😎. So it's official...I am now RETIRED!!!!
- It's also one of the reasons that I want to keep the Free Motion Mavericks going - I need to finish the Version 2.0 quilt...hopefully by the end of November.
Free Motion Mavericks
Welcome! Did you get any free motion quilting done this week? If you did, make sure to link up. If you didn't, you can share your quilting project anyway 😊.
In our previous link up (which closed today in New Zealand lol) Raewyn linked up her very mavericky bear quilt. She didn't win her inner-fight to do an all-over pattern and I'm very, very glad! If you didn't see it, you'll want to check out the FMQ details. Very cool!
|Wonderful Bear Quilt|
It's now your turn!