Sunday, August 01, 2021

A gaggle of hexies

I'm not sure what a whole bunch of hexies are known as, other than possibly a quilt in the making! 😁 

Adding more hexies

This week I wasn't up to much, quilting wise, so I decided to make a few more hexie flowers for the ever expanding Hexie Lap Quilt. There's not much to say, so here is a thousand words worth in pictures....

Hexie Lap Quilt expanded by two large flowers and a few smaller ones


One of my favourite double hexie flower


Big beautiful double hexie flower


Red hexie flower

I had a lovely supper with a dear friend this week. After supper we walked to nearby Maplelawn Garden. I wish I had brought my Red hexie flower - it would have looked at home with the beebalm!

Beautiful Maplelawn Garden in Ottawa

Beebalm in Maplelawn garden

What I learned
  • I don't think that I always need big serious projects to post. A little short post with lots of eye candy is a good idea sometimes!
  • When I don't feel like quilting or stitching, adding hexie flowers to my Hexie Lap Quilt is a great mindless way to pass the time in my own garden.
Related links

Linking parties

I'll be linking up to some great parties - let's see what's up in Quiltland! Patchwortk & Quilts, Oh Scrap!, Slow Sunday Stitching, Monday Making, Design Wall MondayPut Your Foot DownNeedle & Thread Thursday, Finished or Not Finished Friday, Off The Wall Friday


6 comments:

  1. Oh, a short post spilling over with beauty such as you posted today is wonderful! So much eye candy to be seen. LOVE all those gorgeous hexies. The fussy cut flower hexies are a dream. My heart sang, too,at the sight of the lovely Beebalm. Mindless hexie stitching is up there with my favourite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by and your lovely comment. You always make me smile. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Like your hexies. I started one last winter. I really enjoyed it, but for some reason just don't do much handwork in summer. Was wondering if you're having a hard time deciding how to finish your hexie top. Are you going to square it off, outline with a solid, any idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I've finished hexie projects in a few ways but this time I think that I'm going to make a border of white hexies at the top (since they are really not straight) and then I'm just going to slice through the half hexies to make it even. Since I'm using white for the border, I'll probably bind it in white also. I have a lot of white on white fabrics that should look good. Anyway, that's the plan at this time. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. J'aime bien aussi les articles de blog avec plein de belles photos ! Les tiennes sont superbes : magnifiques hexies et fleurs, textiles et réelles !
    Merci pour le partage de liens ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hexies - they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)