Welcome to Free Motion Mavericks, week 276. I hope that this finds you and yours healthy and sane!
Community Stitch Challenge - Week 4On Monday, the host of this week's challenge was Richard McVetis. His work exploring time and stitching is quite fascinating. Our challenge this week is to work with the couching stitch. I was quite happy because it's one of my favourites and it was great to see that it held much more potential than I would have thought!
He suggested that we use geometric shapes or shapes of things in our home to explore this versatile stitch. I don't draw much, but I can draw the shape of a book, since I've made so many of those foundation paper pieced book blocks. I like that it has specific sections that can be represented differently with thread.
|Couched book as well as the drawn shape|
|Most of the yarn that I used for the couching background|
|Adding a top layer from a skirt|
|I'm starting to like the progress|
|Chevy - expert at couching!|
What I learned
- I learned that couching is even more versatile than I thought.
- I had never outlined an image using a couching stitch. It's not as clean as using a regular embroidery stitch but I'm sure that it could be used effectively. I'll have to think about that.
- Here's this morning's joke, courtesy of my bored children. It turns out that Chevy is a couching expert....since she sleeps on the couch most of the day!😉
- Community Stitch Challenge week four: Richard McVetis
- Community Stitch Challenge
- Slow Stitching and Updates, April 12, 2020
- Internal link to Re-do
Linking partiesI will be linking up to many great parties. Make sure to visit some and take the time to link up below!
Tuesday Colour & Inspiration, Monday Making, Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Put Your Foot Down, Off the Wall Friday, Finished or Not Finished Friday, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?, Friday Foto Fun, Oh Scrap!, Slow Sunday Stitching,
Free Motion MavericksThanks to everyone who linked up last time! What wonderful quilting and quilting events to keep us productive and sane. We are really lucky to be a part of this amazing community😊 If you didn't get the chance to congratulate Sandra of mmm! quilts on her latest published pattern, Stars Aligned, make sure to check it out and download the free Modern by the Yard magazine.
|Stars Aligned by Sandra of mmm! quilts|