Friday, March 15, 2019

Upcoming events

Here are the two events coming up soon in my quilting and blogging life.

Fibre Fling 2019

Once again the Out of the Box Artists' Group will be holding their annual art show and sale, Fibre Fling. If you're in the Ottawa region, come out to see the great fibre art. There will also be art, supplies and wearable fibre art for sale.

Fibre Fling 2019 - April 4 and 5
This year I will be entering these pieces in the show.

My Painted Blue is finished! I'll be writing a final posting about it soon.
Painted Blue
This is my experiment with FMQ and embroidery.
Symphony in Stem Stitch
This was made for last year's Welcome to My House Blog Hop. 
Our House
If I can finish my All About Strings Blog Hop piece by March 24 (the deadline for registering), then a string art piece may be added to the list! 😊

Fantastic News!
My quilt, Our House, sold at the Fibre Fling 2019 show!!!! A grandmother bought it for her new granddaughter's room. It's so awesome to think that this girl will grow up with my quilt. I really hope that she loves it!

All About Strings Blog Hop

I did it again! I couldn't resist joining another blog hop. At least I'm making sure that I only have one going on at a time :-) I can learn!

This fun blog hop is hosted by Carla at Creatin' in the Sticks. 

Do you think that I can create an art quilt with Strings? Come back on Thursday March 28 to find out!

As you can imagine, I'll be busy this week finishing up my Strings Mini Quilt and putting some sleeves and labels on these quilts. 😊

Related links
Linking parties
I'll be linking this post to several fun linky parties. Come along to see what's going on! Midweek Makers, Tuesday Colour Linky Party, Needle & Thread Thursday, Off the Wall FridayMonday MakingDesign Wall MondayMoving It ForwardWhat I Made Monday, To-Do Tuesday

Update: I linked up Painted Blue at Sarah Goer Quilts' linking party - Show Me Something Blue

You still have a few days to link up to Free Motion Mavericks' link-up. Don't be shy!

2 comments:

  1. Your FMQ embroidery piece is so fantastic! Our House is so colorful and bright and reminds me of a beautiful spring day; I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine. After this very long winter it's great to be looking at something cheerful and springlike. :-)

      Delete

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)