Spring is in the air!
There is hope! There is a viral rumour that Spring may show up again this year. We are all very hopeful. It's funny to see my friends refusing to bundle up to cross the street to get coffee. Unless it's a blizzard out there, we are acting as if Spring was here 😊
This week I decided to invite spring onto my fabric with some free motion quilted (FMQ) flowers.
The full image isn't great, so I cut it up into two halves.
|FMQ spring flowers - 1|
|FMQ spring flowers - 2|
|Snow drops in spring|
|Tulips dancing and pansies accompanying them|
Finally, at the bottom of the piece, I tried FMQ some lotus flowers and leaves. It would be nice to add a pond in that baby quilt garden!
|Lotus flower and leaves in the water|
- I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to draw these flowers too much before I got the hang of it. If only I had practiced those lotus flowers!
- The grey thread looked great on the blue background while I was stitching, but next time I will try something with more contrast so that is photographs better (mistakes and all).
- It's on my bucket list to see the desert bloom....one day :-)
- Susies scraps: treadling tulips (looks like a snow drop)
- FMQ all-over flowers such as the Feather Meander
- Links to Desert Bloom or Super Bloom this week.
I'll be linking up to several great linkies this week. Why not check out what others have made. Tuesday Colour Linky Party, Silly Mama Quilts WIPs, Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Finished or Not Friday, Friday Foto Fun, Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, Moving It Forward, What I Made Monday,
Thank you to everyone who linked up two weeks ago. A special thank you to Quilting Gail, for linking up her two finished UFOs. Congrats!. If you didn't see it, you really should check it out!
|2 UFOs finished by Quilting Gail|