Sunday, March 24, 2019

Discovering Project Quilting - Chocolate Cravings

Do you know about Project Quilting? I just found out about it through Sherry of Powered by Quilting's post. It's 8:30 pm here and the project needs to be finished and posted by noon Central Time. According to the little countdown clock, I have 16 hours to create a project that is related to "Craving Chocolate".

Project Quilting - Craving Chocolate

As I'm writing this, I'm frantically thinking of what I could finish for this challenge. I don't know if you remember but in the Instagram event, 100 hexies in 100 days, there was a week for "Something Sweet". Here's the picture that I posted and what I wrote about it.
"It was the brown fabric with caramel coloured dots that gave me the idea for this. Doesn't it look good enough to eat?"
Week 12 - Something Sweet
#100hexies100days2018
With this in mind, I am going to attempt to make a completed mini art quilt for Project Quilting. See you soon! (This was at 8:30 pm, just before taking Chevy for her walk)

At 2:30 am, I was quite happy with my results. I had done everything that I could since my sewing machine is in the bedroom and hubby was asleep! It's not a pretty picture since my good light is next to my sewing machine.

Chocolate Cravings - progress at 2:30 am

It was difficult to sleep last night because I was so excited.... so it was even harder to get up at 8:30 this morning.

After feeding the dog, (I still haven't had my coffee yet!!!) upstairs I went to my sewing machine. I have to admit that my brain was rather fuzzy so instead of finishing the edges envelope style, I improvised and finished them with a zigzag stitch. I actually saw some great textile art pieces yesterday that were finished this way. Of course, they were mounted on canvas, but still, it worked 😊

Chocolate Cravings


The proof is in the eating....it was great chocolate!
 What I learned

  • This was too much fun. I know what I'm doing next January - participating in all of the Project Quilting challenges!
  • It would be so cool if I could figure out how to finish a piece before I actually start it so that I could get it right....I'm not sure that this is going to happen, except on major pieces (which I avoid because planning just adds to the pressure!)
  • I really, really need a coffee but it's amazing what I can do without coffee...when motivated!
Related links
Linking parties
This post will be linked to the Project Quilting, Season 10, Challenge 6 link-up. I did it!!!


I linked up to Sandra's DrEAMi! link because if this isn't a squirrel project, nothing is!
Check out what everyone has made, and make sure to VOTE for your favourite.

Project Details

Chocolate Cravings
Size: 8 ½" x 9 ½"
Materials: Cotton, embroidery floss
Techniques: English Paper Piecing, appliqué, embroidery, free motion quilting





13 comments:

  1. What a clever (and fast) person you are! I found this challenge for the first time this year and completed 6 out of 6. It was a lot of fun and I so enjoyed looking at everyone's creations. I am inspired by all the creativity and interpretations. Made me think!!!! (which in good). See you next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki, I am looking forward to participating and playing next year. What a fun concept.

      Delete
  2. Oh mercy, up until 2:30 am and then finishing that cute little piece before coffee! You did a great job! What fun when inspiration hits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job joining in at the last minute! You have a fun quilt art piece entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great craving chocolate piece! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the mix of techniques used in your project! The last minute really seems to suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you to get this done in such short time! I badly wanted to join in this year, but it just didn't happen. Maybe next year won't be quite so crazy; last year was too, so I didn't get in then either. Yes, I think that caramel polka-dot fabric looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I can't wait to see what you come up with in the next season of Project Quilting. Thanks for linking up to What I Made Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an adorable piece! So happy you discovered the challenge and decided to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a machine! Done so fast and on so little sleep too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)