Fibre Fling is an annual show and sale for the Out of the Box Fibre Artists. This year, I will have 4 entries in the show.
It's great that I have a venue to show my Art with Fabric pieces. Last spring and fall pieces will be there, as well as my two art quilts - the one I created for Canada's 150th and the other based on my trip earlier this year.
All four pieces have a sleeve to hang them, but two don't have labels yet. I also have to buy wire for the rods this weekend. There is very little left to do to get ready :-)
|Reason & Passion made for Art with Fabric, Spring 2017|
|Canada 150 Art Quilt|
|Gaia, Mother Earth made for Art with Fibre, Fall 2017|
- Getting ready for Fibre Fling 7 is much easier now since it`s my third show. I know what to expect, and because of Art with Fibre, I always have at least 2 pieces to put into the show.
- I am getting better at making sleeves as part of finishing my art quilts. I often don`t think about the labels until I either give it away or I have to get it ready for a show.
- I've done it again :-( I prepared a label for my Reason & Passion quilt while I was doing the photo transfer technique for Gaia, Mother Earth. I have the pictures as proof that I did it, but haven't found it yet. There's only a couple of places left to look. If I don't find it in the next couple of days, I'll have to make another one.
- Out of the Box Fibre Artists
- Reason & Passion: Joyce Wieland and Art with Fabric, May 14, 2017
- Gaia, Mother Earth: Art with Fabric Blog Hop - Gaïa, Mother Earth, October 11, 2017
- Canada 150 Art Quilt: Today We Celebrate - Fêtons 150, July 1, 2017
- Isles Canarias: Islas Canarias finished, January 28, 2018
- Labels, Image Transfers and Slow Stitching, October 15, 2017
I will be linking up to a few linky parties. Join me to see what's happening! Main Crush Monday, Moving Forward, Linky Tuesday, Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Off the Wall Friday, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?, Finished or Not Friday, Design Wall Mondays, Monday Making,