Hi and welcome to week 457 of Free Motion Mavericks. I'm still travelling so it will be a short post. Before I left, I finished FMQ (free motion quilting) a few of the t-shirt blocks on the quilt.
A Few More Blocks
I finished these three blocks.
|FMQ both the sashing and the t-shirts
|FMQ feathers in the sashing and loops on the sweatshirt
I FMQ the sashing on the next t-shirts. I'll have to change my thread and quilt the t-shirts next. For these two t-shirts, I quilted stars in the sashing. I'll be FMQ something simple in the orange t-shirt and probably outlining the people and the logo on the Star Académie t-shirt.
|Stars in the sashing
|I'll be outlining the logo as well as the group of people
This next block includes parts of two different t-shirts from Garneau High School, I started with the bottom sashing and FMQ some athletic images that were easy for me to do - a badminton racket and birdie, a soccer ball, hockey stick etc. I was wondering how I would fill in all of the sashing with sports designs when I questioned that assumption. I decided that the other borders would have much simpler FMQ, a mixture of swirls and echoes. Next to the "G", I copied it and then FMQ over the tracing paper on both sides.
|FMQ so far
|The whole t-shirt block
What I learned
- FMQ the sashing based on the colour is as good a way of choosing what to quilt next as any.
- I'll be quilting inside the t-shirts next or eventually. That will also depend on my mood, design ideas and thread colour.
- I quilted loops on the sweatshirt but only FMQ around the pouch/pocket. Won't that make a great hiding place 😁
- Updates on Free Motion Mavericks, November 17, 2023
- FMQ the T-shirt Quilt on Free Motion Mavericks, November 09, 2023
- T-shirt quilt top done on Free Motion Mavericks, October 05, 2023
- Secret FMQ and T-shirt Quilt Update on Free Motion Mavericks, September 21, 2023
- Update on T-shirt quilt at Free Motion Mavericks, September 13, 2023
I'll be linking up to many fun linking parties. Design Wall Monday, Sew & Tell, Midweek Makers, Peacock Party, Patchwork & Quilts, 15 Minutes to Stitch 2023, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?, Finished (or Not) Friday, Put Your Foot Down,
Free Motion Mavericks
I may have messed up the linking party last week. I hope you'll be able to link up this week.😊