It's hart to believe that the end of 2021 is almost here. It was a rough year in many ways but it did help me enjoy more slow stitching and try a couple of new things. It's only by looking back (I'm so grateful for my blog) that I realised what I accomplished.
Slow stitching finishes
My favourite is by far my "After the Storm" piece. I really impressed myself 😊! It was made from a workshop with Jette Clover. The links to all of the posts are in Related links below.
|After the Storm|
I did re-do the eco printing workshop with Caroline Nixon. I didn't want to get hooked...as if I don't have enough to do! but I did and I love it and want to get good enough to add colour to my eco prints! I am taking Caroline Nixon's online introductory workshop, which has some additional content than the course on TextileArtists.org. I will be doing the course this winter so that I'm ready to take her second, advanced course in the Spring.
|The first eco-printed fabric that I stitched|
I did have to add a category for the wildest thing that I did this year....couching on a Hosta leaf! 😁 I also discovered so many threads....wow, another collection!
|Bengal thread from Maiwa|
|Stitching on a Hosta leaf|
Doing the #100dayschallenge on Instagram has really helped me do more stitching. I didn't stitch or post every day, but did a lot more than I ever have. I'm looking forward to finishing up my 100 days (I'm at Day 75) and continuing to stitch and post one way or another.
|Best and Worst of Time|
The project the closest to my mending heart is All for One (both versions).
|All for One embroidery|
|Traveller's Blanket - coming together|
Free Motion Stitching
My all time favourite FMQ project was finished this year. It's going to it's new home soon (I hope).
|An Out of this World Finish|
|Meet Rose, my Garden Fairy|
Another fun piece also related to the garden is my Garden Fence Art piece.
|Made an art piece for my Garden Fence - it's water resistant|
I have to mentioning my son's quilt....it's slowly coming along. It will also be finished in 2022!
|My son's quilt - it's going to get done in 2022!|
Finally I have two holiday projects that are some of my favourites. The first is the Christmas Tree Wall Hanging made using a version of pojagi.
|Christmas Tree Window Hanging|
|Learning to FMQ ivy leaves & berries|
- It's so gratifying to be able to look back and see what I accomplished last year. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all!
- I'm finding it difficult to keep track of what I posted on Instagram vs what's on my blog. I'll have to figure that out if I want to continue using both media.
- I am grateful to all of you for taking the time to read or even glance at my blog. It's so nice to be connected to such a group of amazing quilters, artists and all-round wonderful people 😊
- After the Storm, May 13, 2021
- Eco Printing - Take 2, September 25, 2021
- Updates on Slow Stitching projects, included the eco printed piece and the Hosta, October 11, 2021
- Improv piecing and FMQ, August 05, 2021
- #100dayschallenge started, August 09, 2021
- Best and Worst of Times, November 23, 2021
- Best and Worst of Times video on YouTube
- All for One, November 03, 2021
- Traveller's Blanket Update, December 06, 2021
- An Out of this World Finish on Free Motion Mavericks, April 29, 2021
- More Embroidered Mixed-media Botany at Free Motion Mavericks, July 22, 2021
- Fairy Tales Blog Hop, June 22, 2021
- Fence Art Finish and Free Motion Mavericks, September 16, 2021
- Christmas Tree Window Hanging, December 29, 2021
- December 20, 2021
- FMQ tutorial - Holly and Ivy with Melissa Corry
Thank you so much to Cheryl at Meadow Mist for hosting this great tradition! Best of 2021