Welcome to Free Motion Mavericks. Since I'm running behind on absolutely everything, I thought that I would take advantage of this post to also participate in Quilting Jetgirl's very popular and fun Planning Party!
2021 - A very long year
2021 was the year of Slow Stitching and "Calm" was my word of choice.
|Keep Calm & Stitch|
To get ready for this post, I re-read last year's planning post. I'm afraid that almost none of my priorities, which were to quilt my son's quilt and work on my daughter's, happened. I did have a productive slow stitching year and will continue to do so (to stay calm 😊) but my son's quilt needs to get finished!
2022 - Free Motion Quilting
My plan is to get the quilt finished this year. I do have some FMQ done on it and have planned a lot of it out. Now it's a matter of getting it done!!!!
|The corner of the quilt that is done!|
|The original quilted design. I'll be following it loosely 😊|
2022 - Slow Stitching and Learning
For my sanity and joy, I will continue doing slow stitching.
|Still working on my Traveller's Blanket|
|Stitching on an eco-printed piece|
I have registered for a virtual eco-printing course with Caroline Nixon, the lady who taught us the workshop last winter through TextileArtists.org. My plan is to finish her first course in time to register for her second, much more intense course in the spring. What I really want is to add colour to my eco-printing since if you know me, you know what colour means to me!
|Second attempt at Eco-printing was much more successful|
Now I need to learn how to keep the colour
I'm sure that things will come up to disrupt my plans, but since I don't have a working crystal ball, this is it! I will be blogging and posting on Instagram since I'm really enjoying both.
What I learned
- I wish that I could say that I'm calm right now, but not only is the Free Motion Mavericks' linking party late (not a big deal I know 😉), but we haven't even put up our tree yet 😦! Apparently today is the day... So, I'm still working on Calm!
- I'm learning to minimize the plans...although I do know that my retirement date is set....just 10 months and 3 days left...so that is going to happen one way or another 😎
|2022 Planning Party with |
- 2021 - My Stitching Resolution, December 30, 2020
- Planning and FMQ with Free Motion Mavericks, October 07, 2021
- Eco Printing - Take 2, September 25, 2021
- Updates on Slow Stitching projects, October 11, 2021
- Caroline Nixon, website and Instagram
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/quiltinglearningcombo/
Remember to link up to Free Motion Mavericks before heading out to see what everyone else is up to!
Free Motion Mavericks
Welcome to week 361 of Free Motion Mavericks. If anyone has had time to do any FMQ, good for you! I hope that you'll link up! I know that things are very busy right now for everyone, so good luck with whatever quilting and FMQ plans you have.
If you didn't see Donnalee's second Red Birds on Christmas fabric, take time to visit. They are very cute!
|Red Birds on Christmas fabric by DonnaleeQ|