|Block 3 - Still Missing!|
For example, I'm about to send out a search party for my first three blocks of the Growing Up QAL. I have proof that I did them, since I posted the pictures, but I still haven't found them.
|Block 2 - Have you seen it?|
|Block 1 - Hasn't been seen in months!|
I'm really hoping that I'll be able to solve the mystery of the missing blocks by the end of the week. They are definitely in a good place, which remains unknown at this time.
So not only am I cleaning up, but I'm writing down where things are. I realise that this will get outdated quickly, but at least it will be a start!
There are no photos of the cleaning process since it gets worse before it gets better - right?
|Beautiful botanicals book|
The petals I had cut out were a pastel blue. I thought I would take a few minutes to find some fabric from my scraps for the leaves and stem. Well, I guess I was in a whimsical mood because I totally re-interpreted my appliqué.
I had a great time choosing fabrics for the petals. I even cut up the larger leaf into three so that I could get more fabric on there! Of course the zig-zag stitch was a life saver. I also got to use my Kimono silk threads :-)
I'm not sure what I`ll do with this block, but it's bound to find a home someday. Of course, now I have to put it away in a place that I will
remember write down!
- There is nothing worse than a good place to put something. It means that it may never be found again!
- The daisy block was a procrastination for cleaning - which is also a procrastination....for dyeing fabric!
- I'm really glad that I made something from the Beautiful Botanicals book. I keep buying these beautiful books. I hope someday to make a project that mixes the appliqué with embroidery....Life is just too short!
- Beautiful Botanicals by Deborah Kemball
- Growing Up QAL and the linky page (proof that they were done!)
I will be linking to many link-ups. See what other quilters are doing! Oh Scrap!, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?, Finished or Not Friday, Design Wall Monday, Main Crush Monday, Monday Making, Linky Tuesday, Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Finished or Not Friday, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?
Remember to start planning your learning project for September! For more details, visit the Learning QAL site. Be ready to link up between September 1-10.