The doors open at 8:30 and our ticket says that it's on till 8:30 pm! Here's the schedule:
- Lecture 1: Fear not the "A" Word (Appliqué)
- Lecture 2: Out of Your Mind (This one sounds like it's right up my alley since it's about design)
- Lecture 3: Just a Quilting Fool (Machine quilting on a domestic sewing machine)
|Ricky Tims Convergence Quilts|
What I learned:
- Ricky Tims has really worked through his technique, so when he suggests that you do something, even if you don't think it's necessary - DO IT! In the end, he's right!!!!
- It wasn't a difficult technique but you do have to be accurate when sewing it all back together.
I also learned that my blog doesn't want to play nice with other fonts! It seems that I'll have to use the html to keep it consistent. :-)
|Ricky Tims and some of his fans!|
Update: August 2, 2013
The day with Ricky Tims was amazing. He taught, entertained, serenaded and inspired us. He seems so authentic. It was a real treat. I was able to buy some of his hand-died fabric, without paying for shipping (at least not directly).
Here he was, signing autographs and chatting.
There were three of his quilts on display - and would you believe that he encouraged us to touch them!
This was a wonderful quilty day!