Welcome to week 433 of Free Motion Mavericks. Can you believe that it's already the end of May? We finally have the weather to prove that Spring is turning into Summer here 😊. I've been watching the new generation of baby chicks being trained and fed by their parents - how incredible!
May's OMG - Wild Hexies, is finished!
I'm delighted to say that May's One Monthly Goal is fulfilled - one Wild Hexies baby quilt done ✔
|Wild Hexies baby quilt - done 😊|
I washed it before taking the final pictures because I knew that the amazing texture would come through! There's nothing better than a new quilt washed for the first time.
It's getting very hot so I didn't venture out of the back yard. I still have lots of weeding to do, but at least I did mow the lawn (or what passes for it!) Here are a few glamour shots in my humble back yard!
|In the dappled sun|
|On the grown - at an angle|
|On the picnic table|
|On the chair|
As I mentioned this was my May OMG. I made it with only 2 hours to spare! This post will be a "two for" since I'll be posting my June OMG goal below.
June's One Monthly Goal (OMG)
My June OMG is to cut and prepare all of my niece's t-shirts for her t-shirt quilt. I have started cutting them up. I want to have all of them backed with the special interfacing by the end of June, so that I can design the quilt. The entire quilt needs to be finished by September!
|Some of the t-shirts for the quilt|
What I learned
- Other than the issue with my darning foot, this quilt FMQ very well.
- If it wasn't a baby quilt, I would not have quilted it with different designs since they are very difficult to see - but I'm hoping that this will make it a great discovery quilt!
- It's now time to work a little more on my niece's t-shirt quilt. I figure that I just need a couple of days with the large ironing board out, to get the interfacing onto all of those t-shirts.
- I have no idea about placement and such - the quilt will tell me 😊.
- I'm hoping that I have a couple of days to finish my May Table Scraps Challenge - it just needs to be quilted. The party finished tonight, so I have linked up my in-progress piece from Instagram, to the linking party.
- After that, I do have to focus on my houses. Since it's going to be hot, I hope to get some quality time in my studio!
Meanwhile in my back yard...
I'll be linking this post up to the One Monthly Goal's May Finish Link-up as well as the June's Goal Link-up. Thanks so much Patty and Anne Marie for hosting this party! Design Wall Monday, Sew & Tell, Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, TGIFF, Peacock Party, Beauties Pageant, Finished (Or Not) Friday, Off The Wall Friday, Patchwork & Quilts, Oh Scrap!, 15 Minutes To Stitch 2023,
I linked this post up to Meadow Mist Designs' Favorite Finish Monthly link-up.
Free Motion Mavericks
Quilting Gail has finished another Hugs and Kisses quilt - I just love these colours! She FMQ it using a "c" design. It looks great! I just love using FMQ designs based on letters since I do have that memory motor totally absorbed.
|Gail's wonderful Hugs and Kisses quilt|
|FMQ design of curly c's|