Sunday, June 07, 2020

UFOs and June's OMG

Welcome to this beautiful sunny but not hot day. 😊
Chevy keeps me company as I play in the yard

A very lush section
of the garden

These pictures were actually taken yesterday, before it got too hot. As you can see, I did a little bit of yard work. It takes me 3 or 4 sessions to mow the back yard lawn, not because it's huge but because I want to keep it as play, not hard work!

The garden has become very lush. Thank goodness I did a lot of work this spring before it got green. Now there's just some minor weeding to do - all manageable if it keeps cool for a few days (as was promised).


I love flowers 😊 
Now to some quilty things!

Completed UFOs to date & June's OMG

As you may remember, at the beginning of the year, I was optimistic out of my mind and listed my favourite 12 UFOs that I would like to finish. Since I'm following Quilting Gail's PHD rules - I can finish other UFOs that will count for the original 12.
June's OMG - finishing the first section of this quilt's
Version 2.0 Loved-to-death quilt

The only UFO project that I actually started from my original list is my son's quilt. I did a little more after my original post in February, but I am about half-way from finishing the first section (circled in blue in the photo).

Finishing this first section is my June One Monthly Goal (OMG). My son has moved out this weekend, so the new quilt should be ready sooner rather than later!

On the plus side, I did finish 3 other smaller projects that were officially UFO since they were begun in 2019. If you want to check them out, the links are in Related links below.
Fantastical book block



Mon Jardin book block


















Exit Strategy






















Sneak peak at my new art studio


As I mentioned, my son is in the process of moving out. By Monday, everything will be cleared from his room. I am really happy for him and thankful that he is only living 20 minutes away by car. To make me feel better, I started moving in. 😊

Here is the first picture of the art studio - just claiming my space!

Moving my Jag (sewing machine) into my new space
There is a lot more to do but that's for another post.
Have a great week and stay safe, healthy and sane😊

What I learned
  • It's obvious that I like and need to play - that's why when a project feels like work, I tend to procrastinate. I hope that the OMG will help me play with Stéphane's quilt.
  • I also feel that way about playing in the garden - so wish me luck with the cool weather and getting my hands dirty! 

Related links

Linking parties
I'll be linking up to June's One Monthly Goal (OMG) with Patty of Elm Street Quilts. I will also be linking up to Free Motion Mavericks where Muv is knitting a really cool baby blanket. Make sure that you go link up with her this week. There are always great linkups. Let's see what's going on. Friday Foto Fun, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?, Monday Making, To-Do Tuesday, Colour & Inspiration Tuesday, Midweek Makers

Have a great week and stay safe, healthy and sane😊

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cheryl. Hopefully I will get closer to finishing this one too!

      Delete
  2. Nice finishes, pretty flowers, and a new art space! How fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I am enjoying it, a lot! Take care.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your goal! Lovely flowers <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vera, thank you. Flowers in my garden don't listen to me - they just do their thing. I'm always happy, what ever comes up!

      Delete
  4. Very exciting that you will be getting a new studio room :) I love your book blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine. I really think that I'm going to have to make a full quilt from the book blocks since books mean so much to me - almost as much as my art. I'm really having a blast moving into the new studio but boy is it a lot of work! It will be awesome when most of my stuff is in one place (not sure that it will all fit in!)

      Delete
  5. Thank you Patty. I'm sorry that I didn't make my OMG my art studio because it's coming along much more than anything else :-)
    Thanks so much for hosting the OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your OMG! and getting back on track with the PhD, if that is what you want. I had completed 3 last month so that helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen, it turns out that completing my OMG was not what I wanted! I've been trying to get my studio into shape for using it - and right now it's the chaos before the finish....I can't find what I want, but I have found lots of things I didn't know I had :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi Andree! Good job working on your son's quilt top. I hope his move went well. How nice that you get to move into a bigger space or more space. Thanks so much for linking up this week! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne. I hope that you're doing well. I haven't had a chance to work on my son's quilt top yet - just trying to find my stuff as I move :-)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on claiming the new space - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Susan. I've claimed it but now I have to organise it. 10 years of quilting stuff is hard to find and organise since it was squirreled everywhere :-)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful garden! Congrats on the new art space, and well done on raising a wonderful son who is both independent and close. On the subject of "Out of your mind"... well Gail got me on that front too, but the motivation to get "something" done is still worth it, even though I suspect her PhD qualification has long since slipped out of my grasp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dione - yes anything done is better than nothing and I doubt that I will be getting my PHD this year :-) Right now I'm just trying to find my stuff to organise it - and as soon as I think that I'm doing well - I loose whatever I was working with :-) Take care

      Delete
  10. Hello Andrée,

    Exit Strategy is priceless. Totally you.

    I love the flowers. Is that a posh aquilegia? It's gorgeous. We have lots of the standard columbines here, they self-seed like mad, but ours are already over.

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Muv. I only know that they are columbines. They are actually growing on the side of the garden since the mountain bluets totally took over. My brother laughs at people buying columbines because the grow wild near his old place - but I had never seen anything like them. They don't grow in Northern Ontario.

      Delete

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)