This is Gaïa's Garden so far. I would say that the piecing is about 80% finished.
|Gaïa's Garden so far
|The swamp or pond section
I also know that parts of the quilt, like the sun, will look much better once it's quilted. I'm really looking forward to the FMQ.
What I learned
- I really over extended myself with all of these pieces for this summer's show. It's going to be great but I hope that I remember not to do this again 😊 (those sound like "famous last words...")
- As much as I've been wanting to make this piece for over a year (since I made Morning has Broken), I'm glad that I'm doing it but I'm now really tired of it. It's not because I don't like it, just because I would rather be doing something else right now. I am really looking forward to just playing for a while.
- Quilt Canada is in 2 weeks, so after I finish this piece by next weekend, I'll be taking a few days off and really taking advantage of having Quilt Canada in Ottawa this year. I'll be sure to blog about my course and lectures there as well as the show itself.
|Remember to come back on
Thursday to link up!
- Making Gaïa's Garden, May 20, 2019
- Free Motion Quilting and Planning, April 20, 2019
- Morning has broken - Art with Fabric Spring 2018, May 21, 2018
This is the second time that this project is my OMG. Didn't quite make it for May, but it will be given to the show organisers to hang on the 16th, so it will get done! 😊
I'll be linking this post to a few linking parties. Why not see what's happening out there? Free Motion Mavericks, Oh Scrap!, Wandering Camera, Off The Wall Friday, Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, Moving It Forward, What I Made Monday, Tuesday Colour Linky Party, Midweek Makers, Let's Bee Social, Needle & Thread Thursday, June's One Monthly Goal Link-up and To-Do Tuesday