Thursday, July 30, 2026

Linking party for I Quilted This! and A Quilter's Cove QAL

Today I Quilted This! and A Quilter's Cove QAL is joining up for a linking party. I would have posted them separately but the only thing that I have to share is my latest house in the Quilter's Cover. So please join the linking party for both. 

Aqua Fairy House


The colour of the month for July is aqua - you know, like teal and all of its variations. This time, I wanted to make a fairy house. 

July's Teal Fairy House block

As I was designing this block, I wanted to add large foliage to contrast with the Fairy. When looking in my stash, I found this amazing background of large flowers. That meant that I didn't have to add lots of large flowers to go with it.

Teal house before the window attic border 

This week I've had very little energy to FMQ the Rainbow Neighbourhood quilt. I'm glad that I started thinking about and making the Fairy house before the energy all ran out!

What I learned
  • I know that I don't do well with deadlines but this is worse than ever. Oh well, I decided to FMQ the very large areas of the quilt as well as the border blocks so that I can trim and bind the quilt before the party. If it's not bound, it will be trimmed so that it's more presentable. Then I'll bring it home and finish it in August.
  • For the Fairy house, I just grabbed teal scraps and made the top of the house and then the bottom. As I mentioned above, I went into my stash to find large foliage fabric to add around the house. That's when I found the perfect background of large flowers. 
  • I then added the attic window border.
Related links
Linking parties
I'll be linking up to many fun linking parties. You may want to check some out before linking up below.

I Quilted This!


Welcome to the I Quilted This! linking party that celebrates quilting on a domestic machine or custom quilting on a long-arm. Feel free to link up and share any recent project, even if you're not quilting it! 

Here are the posts that included FMQ, ruler work and walking foot quilting last week. Thanks for linking up 😊 and consider grabbing the button. 

Gwyned Trefethen felt like playing so she made this lovely rabbit quilt. You can see the FMQ on both sides of the quilt. The pretty pops of pink flowers are great.

Year of the Rabbit by Gwyned

The stitching from the back of the grass and rabbit by Gwyned

Sally of Painted Thread finished FMQ this lovely sage baby quilt. Here are a couple of photos. There are FMQ waves in the diamonds and loops in the white. Sally stitched in the ditch with her walking foot and that helped her figure out what designs to use for the rest of the quilt.

Sally's Hundred Acre Wood baby quilt

Details of Sally's quilting of Hundred Acre Wood

It's now you turn! 😍

Linking party for I Quilted This! 
and July's A Quilter's Cove QAL


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)