New book covers to be FMQ
These aren't fabric covers for books, but rather two foundation paper-pieced book blocks with FMQ covers 😊
I was able to piece these two Tall Tales book blocks during my holidays. Next comes the appliqué on one of them and some Free Motion Quilted (FMQ) flowers on the other. I'm sure that both will end up being heavily quilted by the time I'm finished!
|Book cover to be appliqued to make a whimsical forest|
|Book cover to be FMQ with flowers|
|Summer Book Club QAL|
with Kate Basti of Quilt with Kate
|The Earth is not flat book|
What I learned
- Making these two blocks was much easier and smoother than making the first batch - practice does help!
- I only remembered to use the Extended-Border Binding technique for the second book. I'll be doing a traditional binding for the first one. I'm looking forward to comparing the results of the two.
- Summer Book Club QAL on Intragram with Quilt with Kate (quiltwithkate.com)
- Tall Tales pattern
- Relaxing & playing, July 1, 2019
- Extended-border binding technique and tutorial
I'll be linking this post to many linky parties. Why not check them out? And remember to link up to Free Motion Mavericks - it doesn't have to be FMQ. Midweek Makers, Tuesday Colour Linky Party, Moving It Forward, Main Crush Monday,Needle & Thread Thursday, Put Your Foot Down,
Free Motion Mavericks
Thanks to everyone who linked up last time. I want to highlight Dione's lovely Crazed Diamond quilt. If you didn't see it last time, do check out her award winning FMQ.
|Crazed Diamonds by Dione of the Clever Chameleon|