Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Free Motion Mavericks and Inspiration

Welcome to Free Motion Mavericks (Week 218) link-up.

Inspiration

I haven't done any FMQ since the weekend, so I thought that I would just re-post the project inspired by my trip to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. The link to the post is in the Related links below.
Dark and light thread drawing to create the lines


Ultramarine Blue
by Ron Martin




The addition of gauze and tulle 


















A FMQ Inspiring Idea

One of the blogs I follow is Third Floor Quilts. Teresa Duryea Wong is very knowledgeable about Japanese quilts and fabrics. She is a great quilter and author of three books. Her post on February 6, 2019, was How to lift weight of large quilt while free motion quilting. She has graciously allowed me to include a couple of photos in this post.

Essentially Teresa installed a portable photography stand behind her sewing machine to help her lift the weight of the quilt while she FMQ. You can read her post - the link is in Related links below.
Suspending a large quilt to FMQ

with the use of a portable photography stand
Isn't that a great idea? And you can even use the photography stand to take photos of your amazing quilting! 😊

Related links


Linking parties
I will be linking this post to some great linky parties. Why not see what's going on in Quilt land? Linky Tuesday, Silly Mama Quilts WIPs, Needle & Thread ThursdayCan I Get A Whoop Whoop?, Main Crush Monday,

Thank you to everyone who linked up two weeks ago. A special thank you to Susan of Quilt Fabrication, for linking up her amazing Mediterranean Rose Quilt. If you didn't see it, you really should check it out!
Mediterranean Rose Quilt. by Susan of Quilt Fabrication

Inlinkz Link Party

2 comments:

  1. Using a photography stand to hold the weight of the quilt is a genius idea! Thanks for sharing the link for more info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, yes, I thought that it was brilliant. I really need to get some photography lights and a stand - and knowing that it would pull double duty is a great excuse :-)

      Delete

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)