Since I was tired of just making hexie flowers just for fun, I thought that I would start putting them together. Here's the last post from November 14th.
|Hexie flowers slowly becoming a runner|
|Progress on the hexie runner|
I also just made the purple flower. I had meant to make one originally but somehow hadn't gotten around to it. If it doesn't get used in this piece, there will be other opportunities for it to shine :-)
|The next (and last?) flowers|
I also just took out a bag of Christmas scraps. As this post title suggests, between hand sewing the label and sleeve on a wall hanging and working on the hexie runner, my middle finger is full of holes and very sore. Yes, I should be wearing a thimble but I've tried many times and just end up using another finger.
|Christmas scraps - potential hexies?|
So I'll probably just cut up some fabric for a few Christmas hexies. I also have some bigger hexie templates that I've been wanting to try. Maybe it's finally the time to try to do a little bit of fussy cutting. I think I need to stop because I'm sounding too ambitious again :-) However it turns out, I'm going to put this on my To-Do Tuesday list for the upcoming week. Nothing like having some plans to keep me going :-)
What I learned
- I've said it before but somehow keep forgetting! I really need to take a picture of the potential placement of these hexies and their separators BEFORE putting them together. That would probably have helped me with the orange separator.
- On the other hand, now I have a design challenge to work through. And I do like a challenge, mostly :-)
- I need another project like I need.... (add what ever you want here), but I do want to work with some Christmas fabric without getting too ambitious, so a few hexie flowers to put me in the festive mood just might do the trick. It also allowed me to take out the Christmas fabric scraps and not the two full bins of fabric that I have!
- Wholecloth, Batiks and Hexies, November 14, 2017
- Quilt label and sleeve, Lots of Curves, November 29, 2017
Linking Parties: I'll be linking to To-Do Tuesday as well as a few more linking-ups. Let's see what everyone is up to this week! Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?, Oh Scrap!. MOP Monday, Finished or Not Friday, Slow Sunday Stitching, Design Wall Monday, Main Crush Monday, Monday Making, Linky Tuesday, Let's Bee Social, Midweek Maker, Needle & Thread Thursday.