|"Canada On the Go" pattern|
This first pattern is from a Row By Row 2017 - "Canada On The Go." It was designed by Sew Karen-ly Created for Mrs Pugsley's Emporium, in Amherst, Nova Scotia. You can read about Karen's design process and photo shoot on her blog. (See Related Links below)
This next project is not specifically for Canada 150 but it's so cute, I couldn't resist. These are Maple Leaf Mug Rugs. You can find the tutorial and pattern on the Quilting Board, posted by BuzzinBumble. If you don't make it for the 150th, you can make it to celebrate the upcoming, but hopefully not too soon, fall!
|Maple Leaf Mug Rug - posted by BuzzinBumble|
As far as Canadian icons go, the Hudson Bay is pretty high on the list. Here is a pattern based on the colours of the original Hudson Bay trading blankets. The Bay Blanket Table Collection includes patterns for a placemat, mug rug and table runner. It's really lovely. The pattern is by Indygo Junction.
I'm really sorry that I missed the Canada 150 Quilt Along this winter. It was hosted by Lorna Costantini and featured her quilt, Canada 150 A Modern Quilt. The Quilt Along is over, but you can check out her posts and pattern.
|Canada 150 A Modern Quilt|
|Block pattern by Monica Curry Quilt Designs|
|Canadian Flag (Maple Leaf) Mug Rug|
|Spirit of Canada - Spruce It Up Quilting's2016 Block of the Month|
Mystery Table Runner
In the Quilter's Connection magazine this winter, there was a Mystery Table Runner contest. The Summer issue has released many wonderful pictures of these runners. Here's what the finished runner looks like.
|Quilter's Connection magazine mystery table runner|
The Summer edition of the Quilter's Connection magazine is full of interesting articles and quilting projects celebrating Canada's 150th. If you get a chance, it's worth reading!
|Northcott's Sesquicentennial |
Celebration fabric collection
|Oh Canada bag by Northcott|
If you check out their patterns pages, there are many free patterns using their various Canadian collections. There are also many patterns available at your local quilt store. Here is one of the many projects in case you're still in the mood for making Canada 150 projects!
Finally, here's a recap of my finished Canada 150 projects.
|Canada 150 - Beaver block designed by Sew Fresh Quilts|
|Canada 150 Art Quilt|
|Canada 150: 1867-2017|
What I learned
- I don't think I would have made these Canada 150 projects if I hadn't been hosting this party. What a benefit and great souvenirs!
- Thank you so much for cheering me on, reading and participating with me in this party. It's been a great adventure.
- In fact, it was such a good experience that I want to continue it (sort of). As you may have read in my July 20th post, I will be hosting a Learning Quilt-A-Long starting Tuesday, August 1st. It's going to be a lot of fun - so I hope you'll join me.
Lastly, here is the prize for this final link-up. I've chosen it because it fits two themes. First, it's a Canada 150 project, but it's also a technique that Kathy calls the “Peek-a-boo Appliqué“. The maple leaf block is made with reverse appliqué, satin-stitched over a strip-pieced patchwork block. It's great for the Canada 150 project, but can also be used in other ways, like this gorgeous maple leaf.
|Using Kathy's |
Peek-a-boo Appliqué technique
|Canada 150 quilt by|
Kathy K. Wylie Quilts
Our winner in this final Celebrate - Fêtons 150 is Joanne, of Canuck Quilter Designs. Thanks so much Joanne for sharing your quilt and pattern with us.
- Mrs Pugsley's Emporium, Amherst, Nova Scotia.
- "Canada On The Go" - Row by Row pattern by Sew Karen-ly Created
- Maple Leaf Mug Rug tutorial and pattern, on the Quilting Board- BuzzinBumble
- Bay Blanket Three Piece Quilted Table Collection - Indygo Junction
- Canada 150 Quilt Along with Lorna Costantini
- Canada 150 A Modern Quilt pattern on Craftsy
- Canada Maple Leaf block pattern by Monica Curry Quilt Designs
- Canadian Flag (Maple Leaf) Mug Rug by The Patchsmith's Pattern Store, available on Craftsy
- Spirit of Canada quilt on Facebook - Spruce It Up Quilting, Port Elgin, New Brunswick
- Quilter's Connection magazine - The mystery is over!
- Northcott's Canadian Sesquicentennial Celebration collection and patterns
- Here's a list of all of the Celebrate - Fêtons 150 posts, in case you missed some :-)
- Learning Quilt-A-Long (QAL) details and announcement post.
- Canuck Quilter Designs
Linking Parties I will be linking up to lots of link-ups. Why don't you join me and see what everyone is doing this summer! Finished or Not Friday, Oh Scrap!, Off the Wall Friday, Slow Sunday Stitching, Monday Making, Main Crush Monday, MOP Monday, Linky Tuesday, Midweek Maker, Let's Bee Social, Needle & Thread Thursday,
Remember to come back August 1st to join in the Learning QAL fun!