Monday, January 26, 2015

A New Look

Since July, I've been learning how to change and design my blog by following
Beautify Your Blog button and table of content
Beautify your Blog
Erin's Beautify your Blog series.

So far, I've learned to:
  • create a new page within the blog;
  • create and add a header; 
  • change my background colour; and
  • create and add a navigation bar (or tabs).
You can follow my journey through my Learning and Design blog.

I auditioned many headers for this blog, but since I'm still missing Bandit so much, I decided to use the header that included his photo. I'm sure that eventually I'll be able to let go - but that time hasn't come yet.

For posterity, here is a photo of the Quilting and Learning Blog as it's been since my first post in March 2012.
Original look


Please use my new navigation bar above to check out my "About Moi" page (it's an ongoing project) and my "Learning and Design" blog.

What I've learned:

  • There is a lot of work involved in designing and re-designing a blog.
  • Creating a test blog to play with is necessary.
  • Even transferring your new look from the test blog to the "real" blog can be tricky.
  • It's an ongoing project...
  • I LOVE IT!!!!! Not bad for a non-techie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you and I will try to answer you. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message. :-)