|Celebrate - Fêtons 150|
Celebrate - Fêtons 150 link-up. Unfortunately there were no link-ups (other than my own) but it's not surprising since the link up theme is rather narrow - any post celebrating Canada's 150th or Canada in general.
The post has been read by many, so I really hope that it's gotten you thinking about making something special to celebrate Canada's 150th.
As well as showcasing some of the quilting events, patterns and fabrics created specifically to celebrate Canada's 150, I thought that I would participate and make a few of these myself.
The first one, that I mentioned in my last Celebrate - Fêtons 150 post is the Canada's Big Quilt Bee. If you didn't read about it, follow the link in the Related Links at the bottom of this post.
Here are my 3 slab blocks - I am hoping to make 6 more to complete a small quilt top.
|12" slab blocks made with Stonehenge Oh Canada fabric by Northcott|
|Sew Fresh's Canadian|
Forest Friends quilt
|Sew Fresh's Canada 150 lap quilt|
|Sew Fresh's Beaver quilt block pattern|
- My One Monthly Goal (OMG) is to complete the Sew Fresh Beaver block pattern.
- I have 6 more slab blocks to complete this month.
Quilting & Learning - What a Combo!
Celebrating 150 posts
Finally, I have a special prize for this month. Not only are we celebrating Canada's 150th, but my next post will also be my 150th! WOW! I knew that I enjoyed quilting but I wasn't expecting to love blogging so much. There are fabrics purchased from Mad About Patchwork - one of my favourite online fabric stores. I hope you love them as much as I do....it's going to be difficult to part with these :-)
|March's Give Away|
What I learned:
- I've learned to stay optimistic about the Celebrate - Fêtons 150 link-up. As much as I dislike advertising, I didn't study business for nothing! Getting the word out there is what it's all about!
- I am really having a great time finding fun things to include in the Celebrate - Fêtons 150 posts. There are some wonderful things happening everywhere across the country. It's going to be an awesome year!
- I went to my first official Canada 150 event last night - it was the screening of Ti-Coq by Gratien Gelinas at Library and Archives Canada in Ottawa. The movie was restored and projected using original equipment. How cool is that! I'm really looking forward to attending more of these great events.
Celebrate - Fêtons 150 posts:
- Read the details about Celebrate - Fêtons 150
- Announcing a Linking Party with Prizes (February 13, 2017)
- Canada 150 Quilting Events and Projects (February 15, 2017)
Here is the button, if you want to add it to your blog!