Before I get into more Canadian celebratory patterns, here's an update on my March OMG (One Monthly Goal) the Beaver block by Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts. I'll write more about this project in an upcoming post, but I did want to show you my progress. It's now ready to quilt!
|Beaver block designed by Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts|
|Three more slab blocks for Canada's Big Quilt Bee|
|Canada Eh? |
Mystery Table Runner
Quilter's Connection Magazine as a contest and free pattern called Canada Eh? Mystery Table Runner. The link at the bottom of the page will take you to the contest details (deadline April 15, 2017) and the free PDF pattern.
I generally avoid mystery quilts because I like to know what I'm quilting and I rely on the finished picture to keep me oriented. I did download the pattern and saw the finished quilt somewhere in blog land. I was hoping to provide a link, with a spoiler alert warning, but I can't find it - so no need for the warning. I will say that it's a lovely table runner, worth putting the time and fabric into it. Make sure you link up to Celebrate - Fêtons 150 if you make one!
|Canada 150 pattern by Kathy K. Wylie|
|Canadian Sampler BOM|
Sew Sisters asked 20 Canadian quilters to create blocks for a Block of the Month celebrating Canada's 150th. It's the Canadian Sampler BOM. If you want to join in, round II begins July 2017.
|Oh, Canada! pattern my Cheryl Arkson|
What I learned:
- It looks like I'm going to be spending 2017 making quilts to celebrate the 150th. That's not at all how I expected to spend my year but then, I may as well, since I may not be as productive when the 175th is here!
- Making the slab blocks has been fun. It looks like I may be in for more fun than I thought since the small quilt calls for 12 blocks, not 9! Oh well, if I don't get the quilt top done on time, I'll just hand in my blocks at the Common Thread Quilt Guild since they will be sending tons of blocks to the quilt bee.
- Celebrate - Fêtons Canada 150 in March (March 1, 2017)
- The post includes my OMG, slab blocks as well as the link-up for March.
- Canada's Big Quilt Bee and Sew Fresh Quilt Bee
- Canada Eh? Mystery Table Runner - contest details and pattern
- Kathy K. Wylie's Canada 150 pattern using her “Peek-a-boo Appliqué“ technique
- Sew Sister's Canadian Sampler BOM
- Cheryl Arkison's Oh, Canada! quilt pattern
Linking Parties: I'll be linking my slab blocks to Lorna's Sew Fresh Quilt Bee link-up
and this post to the Celebrate - Fêtons Canada 150 in March. Don't forget to join the fun and link up! Monday Making, Moving it Forward Monday, Linky Tuesday, Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Off the Wall Friday, Finished or Not Friday, Oh Scrap!